I just got a note in my inbox I thought you Momscapers might be interested in:
Happiness Expert Dr. Christine Carter has announced the dates for her next online parenting class, RAISING HAPPINESS, which will begin on October 3rd on her web site www.raisinghappiness.com. Parents who sign up for the class by September 5th will receive 25% off the cost of the Fall class ($50 value) when you use promo code: MOMSCAPE.
Dr. Carter is a sociologist at UC Berkeley’s Greater Good Science Center and author of the book “RAISING HAPPINESS: 10 Steps to More Joyful Kids and Happier Parents.” Dr. Carter is the only parenting expert who specializes in raising happy children, and she has helped thousands of parents find more joy in their parenting while raising happy, successful and resilient kids through her online class.
The Fall 2011 Online Class covers important topics related to Back to School issues including the problem with academic achievement and perfectionism.
Here’s the full agenda:
Theme One: How and Why to Put Your Own Happiness First
• Week 1: Why Happiness is the Biggest Advantage in Life
• Week 2: It’s True: Your Happiness is the Most Important Thing
• Week 3: Why Parents Today Aren’t Happy
• Week 4: How to Break a Habit and Start a New One: The Science of Change
• Week 5: Dedicated Implementation Week and Group Coaching Call
Theme Two: The Science of Success
• Week 6: The Two Most Powerful Things You Can Say to Kids
• Week 7: Your Guide to Elite Performance (i.e., How to Raise an Olympic Athlete)
• Week 8: Perfectionism is a Disease; Achievement is a Myth
• Week 9: How to Foster “Grit” in Your Children
• Week 10: Dedicated Implementation Week and Live Group Coaching
Dr. Carter has helped thousands of parents find more joy in their parenting while raising happy, successful and resilient kids through Raising Happiness. For more information on Raising Happiness, visit www.Raisinghappiness.com. Registration closes October 3rd.
Get Dr. Carter’s Book from Amazon:
Raising Happiness: 10 Simple Steps for More Joyful Kids and Happier Parents
What do we wish most for our children? Next to being healthy, we want them to be happy, of course! Fortunately, a wide array of scientific studies show that happiness is a learned behavior, a muscle we can help our children build and maintain. Drawing on what psychology, sociology, and neuroscience have proven about confidence, gratefulness, and optimism, and using her own chaotic and often hilarious real-world adventures as a mom to demonstrate do s and don’ts in action, Christine Carter, Ph.D, executive director of UC Berkeley s Greater Good Science Center, boils the process down to 10 simple happiness-inducing steps.
With great wit, wisdom, and compassion, Carter covers the day-to-day pressure points of parenting how best to discipline, get kids to school and activities on time, and get dinner on the table as well as the more elusive issues of helping children build healthy friendships and develop emotional intelligence. In these 10 key steps, she helps you interact confidently and consistently with your kids to foster the skills, habits, and mindsets that will set the stage for positive emotions now and into their adolescence and beyond.
Inside you will discover:
* the best way avoid raising a brat
* changing bad habits into good ones
* tips on how to change your kids attitude into gratitude
* the trap of trying to be perfect and how to stay clear of its pitfalls
* the right way to praise kids and why too much of the wrong kind can be just as bad as not enough
* the spirit of kindness how to raise kind, compassionate, and loving children
* strategies for inspiring kids to do boring (but necessary) tasks and become more self-motivated in the process
Complete with a series of “try this” tips, secrets, and strategies, Raising Happiness is a one-of-a-kind resource that will help you instill joy in your kids and, in the process, become more joyful yourself.
Read more about Raising Happiness