Funny Mom Quotes: 16 Funny Quotes to Celebrate Mother's Day
by Noel Jameson
*** Sign up to receive the very latest Freebies for Moms!
Moms definitely have their humorous moments and these 16 funny quotes are testimony to the laughs that mothers often enjoy (and sometimes endure).
This Mother's Day, share these funny quotations with your mom and enjoy a moment of shared love and laughter.
1. "Mothers of teenagers know why animals eat their young." ~ Author Unknown
2. "Mothers are all slightly insane." ~ J.D. Salinger
3. "I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them." ~ Phyllis Diller
4. "There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it." ~ Chinese Proverb
5. "It takes a woman twenty years to make a man of her son, and another woman twenty minutes to make a fool of him." ~ Helen Rowland
6. "The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found." ~ Calvin Trillin
7. "A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car for ever after." ~ Peter De Vries
8. "It would seem that something which means poverty, disorder and violence every single day should be avoided entirely, but the desire to beget children is a natural urge." ~ Phyllis Diller
9. "All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his." ~ Oscar Wilde
*** Sign up to receive the very latest Freebies for Moms - from free magazine subscriptions to free sample offers to free beauty gifts - plus all the latest printable grocery coupons, online coupon codes, amazing deals, and cool product picks.***
10. "A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." ~ Tenneva Jordan
11. "You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back." ~William D. Tammeus.
12. "Working mothers are guinea pigs in a scientific experiment to show that sleep is not necessary to human life." ~ Author Unknown
13. "Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease." ~ LisaAlther
14. "My mother had to send me to the movies with my birth certificate, so that I wouldn't have to pay the extra fifty cents that the adults had to pay." ~ KareemAbdul-Jabbar
15. "My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it." ~ Mark Twain
16. "My mother's menu consisted of two choices: Take it or leave it." ~ Buddy Hackett
Yes, children often give their mothers something to laugh about. Hopefully it makes up for the things their children will inevitably do to make them cry.
This year celebrate the humorous side of Mother's Day with a few good laughs and share these funny quotes with your mom.
Like this article?
Digg This | Add to Del.icio.us
For more funny quotes, check out the popular funny quotes section of Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.
More Quote collections at Momscape:
- Top 50 Mom Quotations
- Love Quotes
- Cute, Funny Love quotes.
- Top 50 Father Quotes
- Forgiveness Quotes
- The Power of Failure: 10 Quotes on Learning from Your Mistakes
- Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes
*** Sign up to receive the very latest
Freebies for Moms - from free magazine
subscriptions to free sample offers to free beauty gifts - plus
all the latest printable grocery coupons, online coupon codes,
amazing deals, and cool product picks.***